The objective of sustainable urban finance is to funnel capital toward services and infrastructure that help meet local sustainability goals, which may in turn have positive ripple effects at the regional, national and global scale. To reach this objective, the strategy is to:
- Transition: Move spending to sustainable urban development.
- Increase: Increase the absolute amounts spent on sustainable urban infrastructure and services.
- Scale: Expand coverage and service sustainably.
- Allocate: Disburse funds to meet demand
- Maintain: Provide adequate resources for maintenance.