Each organization prepares its own WTP to meet goals set by the city or state.
- The organization conducts a baseline survey to determine the commuting habits of its employees.
- The organization prepares a first draft of the WTP with measures it believes will meet its goals.
- The draft plan is submitted to the regulatory authority for approval.
- The authority evaluates whether the selected measures are enough to meet the established goals.
- If the authority determines that the chosen measures are not enough, both parties work together to improve the plan until it is approved.