- Engage organizations while conceiving the TRO
- Help define the vision, objectives, and goals of their WTP and develop an internal communication strategy.
- Hold capacity-building sessions to develop and implement the Workplace Travel Plan.
- Help organizations conduct a survey of employee commuting patterns.
- Create a reference guide and standard templates (e.g., a survey report) that can be adapted by organizations developing their WTP.
- Provide a forum for dialogue among the mobility coordinators from all organizations to discuss best practices and learn from each other.
A WTP cannot be viewed as a regulatory tool only, it needs to be viewed as a value-added tool for the organization in fulfilling its other organizational goals
Transportation Management Associations (TMA)
In many USA cities, non-profit organizations called TMAs are contracted by the cities to help regulatory agencies to support the development of WTP by organizations. Such entities may also allow small employers to provide services and incentives towards a more sustainable commute pattern. In general, TMAs have been successful approach that transformed the relationship between public and private sectors.